This is a great way to serve Zuccini as a side dish, or you can add some chicken for a main dish. It calls for cream of celery soup, but you can experiment with other soups such as cream of chicken or some of the southwest cream flavor soups Campbell's has now.
- add 1 tablespoon butter
- add 8 ounces monterey jack cheese
- add 2 cups nacho cheese flavor Doritos, crushed (or totillia chips)
- add 2 tablespoons chili peppers (canned or chopped)
- add 4-5 cups zucchini
- add 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- add salt and pepper
- add 1 small onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Spray a 2 quart casserole dish or deep pie dish with Pam spray.
- Slice enough Zucchini to fill the dish, about 4-5 cups.
- In a sauce pan saute 1 medium onion in butter. When onions are clear, place them on top of the zuccini.
- Next, place the two tablespoons of chilis on top of the onion.
- Put the cream of celery soup (or soup of your choice) in a small bowl.In same bowl, place the grated cheese and mix together.
- Spread the soup/cheese mixture on top of the zuccini.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes, covered with foil.
- Uncover the last 5 minutes and add the coarsly crushed Doritos on top. (the 2 cups of Doritos will crush down to about 1 cup).Be careful to not let the doritos burn on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes and serve.