Servs: 45 Prep:
"These easy-to-make mint candies are perfect for any occasion throughout the year. Simply tint the dough the appropriate color. Friends and family will gobble these up in a jiffy! --Mrs. William Yoder, Bloomfield, Iowa"
- add 1/4 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- add 4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- add 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- add 2 drops yellow food coloring
- add 2 drops red food coloring
- add 1 cup granulated sugar
- add 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- In a small mixing bowl, combine butter and corn syrup. Add 2 cups confectioners' sugar and extract; beat well. Stir in 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Turn onto a work surface sprinkled with remaining confectioners' sugar; knead until sugar is absorbed and mixture is smooth.
- Divide into three portions. Tint one portion pink and one yellow; leave remaining portion white. Shape into 3/4-in. balls; roll in granulated. Flatten with a fork. Let stand, uncovered, at room temperature for 1 day. Store in an airtight container.