This recipe was taken from a Williams-sonoma catalog. Stuffed with shrimp and pork, they are basically the only egg rolls I will eat. They are great dipped in plum sauce, or with just plain soy sauce
- add 1 (6 ounce) can water chestnuts
- add 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- add 20-25 egg roll wraps
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- add 2 teaspoons sugar
- add 1/4 cup green onions
- add 1/2 lb shrimp
- add 1 lb ground pork
- add 2 ounces cellophane noodles (aka Glass noodles)
- add 1 carrot
- Break up cellophane noodles in to approximately 1-2 inch lengths, and prepare according to package instructions.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each egg roll wrapper and roll and seal according to package instructions.
- Deep-Fry in small batches of 3-4 eggrolls at 350 degrees until golden brown and delicious, about 4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels & serve.
- (if you need to reheat them, be sure to do it in the oven or toaster oven because they get rubbery in the microwave.).
Recipe Reviews 1 reviews