(I was given this recipe a few years ago). It is one everyone will ask for. I took it once to a Birthday Party and was asked for the recipe by at least 5 people including the host. These can be served for dinner on rice or taken to parties and kept warm in a crockpot until serving. They can also be made ahead of time and frozen.
- add 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- add 1 green pepper
- add 2 eggs
- add 1/2 cup molasses
- add 1/2-3/4 cup milk
- add 3/4 cup catsup
- add 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- add 2/3 cup crushed cracker crumbs
- add 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- add 1 medium onion
- add 1 lb ground pork
- add 1 lb ground ham (if needed you can get a ham steak or chunk at the deli counter to grind)
- (3 batches of sauce is best when filling a crockpot with a double batch of balls) Ham Balls: Mix all together, gradually adding milk at the end to moisten enough to form balls.
- Bake balls on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes at 350 degrees, drain fat and cool.
- Sauce: Mix togther, heat and simmer 10 minutes until well blended.