This is a super way to use up any leftover ham from the night-before supper....these little ham balls are out of this world.....you can just grind the cooked ham in the food processor.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- add 1 lb fully-cooked ground ham
- add 3 teaspoons dried dill weed, divided or 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- add 1 egg
- add 1 cup water
- add 1/4 cup milk or half-and-half
- add 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- add 1 cup sour cream
- add 1-2 tablespoon butter
- add 1-2 tablespoon oil
- add 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- add 2 tablespoons flour
- add pepper
- In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, onions, 1 tbsp fresh dill (or 1 tsp dried dill), milk, egg, mustard and 1/4 tsp pepper, or pepper to taste.
- Add chopped ham; mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil with 1 tbsp butter.
- Brown the ham balls, adding remaining butter and oil as needed.
- Remove to a serving dish; cover and keep warm.
- Drain the drippings into a saucepan; blend in the flour until smooth.
- Gradually add water.
- Cook over low heat; stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Add sour cream and remaining dill and pepper; heat through (do not boil).
- Pour over the ham balls.
- Serve over noodles.