If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add <b>For vinaigrette</b><br> 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar<br> 1 small garlic clove, minced<br> 1/2 teaspoon sugar<br> 1/2 teaspoon salt<br> 1/8 teaspoon black pepper<br> 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil<p><b>For salad</b><br> 2 cups water<
- Make vinaigrette:
- Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl until combined well.
- Make salad:
- Bring water, vinegar, sugar, and salt to a boil in a 1-quart heavy saucepan, then add onion and simmer until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Spread romaine on a large platter and scatter with parsley, peppers, artichokes, olives, peperoncini, tomatoes, and onion. Whisk vinaigrette again and drizzle over salad.
- Cooks' notes:
- Vinaigrette can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- Onion can be pickled 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.